The Public Health Workforce Interests and Needs Survey (PH WINS) is the only nationally representative data source of the governmental public workforce. PH WINS is a national survey of state and local public health agency employees that captures detailed demographics as well as perspectives on issues such as workforce engagement, morale, training needs, and emerging concepts in public health. In addition to publicly releasing demographics and findings at the national level, PH WINS also provides state- and city-specific data to agencies to help them understand strengths, gaps, and opportunities to improve skills, training, and employee engagement. The first survey, PH WINS 2014, was released in October 2015. See the PH WINS 2017 report.
- PH WINS supplement, Journal of Public Health Management & Practice, November/December 2015
- “Thinking Beyond the Silos: Emerging Priorities in Workforce Development for State and Local Government Public Health Agencies,” Journal of Public Health Management & Practice, 2014
- “Four Things You Never Knew About the Governmental Public Health Workforce and Why You Should Care,” by Brian Castrucci, Oct. 29, 2015
- “Why a Career in Governmental Public Health Might Be Right for You,” by Brian Castrucci, Dec. 6, 2017
Get a Closer Look
- To request data from the 2017 PH WINS survey, please complete this short form. Questions? Send an email to email@example.com.
- See the 2014 instrument and methodology.