Brian C. Castrucci, DrPH
President and CEO, de Beaumont Foundation
A leader in health philanthropy with a background in epidemiology, Brian Castrucci, DrPH, spent a decade helping to lead the health departments of Philadelphia, Texas, and Georgia. He brings that hands-on experience to his current role as the head of the largest charitable foundation focused on state and local public health. A fierce advocate for the public health profession, Dr. Castrucci is a sought-after speaker and media source who has been quoted in USA Today, The New York Times, The Washington Post, the Atlantic, the Associated Press, Fox News, CBS, National Public Radio, among other media outlets. He can speak on topics including:
- The need for a national COVID strategy – testing, tracing, vaccination
- The need to invest in public health and not just healthcare
- Public health funding – trends and needs, and how funding affects preparedness
- The intersection of policy and health – sick leave, housing, education, etc.
- Challenges to the public health field – turnover, lack of resources, recruitment/retention
Recent writing and interviews:
- CNN: See How Vaccine-Hesitant GOP Participants react to COVID-19 Focus Group
- CNN: Vaccine Decision is Personal, Not Political (see below)
- C-SPAN: Brain Castrucci on Role of Public Health and COVID-19 Response
- The Washington Post:Trump Can’t Get His Supporters to Take the Vaccine. But Doctors Can
- NewsNOW from Fox: COVID-19: Building Vaccine Confidence
- CNBC: When COVID Vaccines Could be Available at Chain Pharmacies such as CVS and Walgreens
- POLITICO: Social Media ‘Micro-influencers’ Join Effort to Get America Vaccinated
- STAT: Back to ‘Normal’ isn’t Good Enough
- Matter of Fact with Soledad O’Brien: Funding the First Line of Defense: Public Health
- A Second Opinion, podcast with Senator Bill Frist: A Case for Public Health Infrastructure
- Associated Press: In Years Before Outbreak, Investment in Public Health Fell
- Health Affairs: “Want to Make the Nation More Prepared to Fight Contagious Diseases? Expand Paid Sick Leave“
Media inquiries and interview requests: Contact Mark Miller at email@example.com.
Invitations for speaking engagements: Contact Kenneth Hillary at firstname.lastname@example.org.