Who We Are
The de Beaumont Foundation is a private charitable foundation that advances policy, builds partnerships, and strengthens public health to create communities where people can achieve their best possible health. We strongly believe that the spirit in which we do our work is as important as the work itself. We pride ourselves on excellence, innovation, fostering collaboration between groups that might not otherwise interact, and a willingness to have fun with our work.
Position Overview – What You’ll Do
The Senior Associate for Digital Marketing will develop and implement a wide range of strategies to extend the de Beaumont Foundation’s reach, influence, and impact, with an emphasis on digital tools and approaches that are rooted in data and best practices. This new position reports to the Communications Director and is a member of the communications team. Primary working relationships include the communications team and external digital consultants.
Responsibilities and Opportunities
- Develop and execute strategies to expand the Foundation’s reach, influence, and impact, including strategies for content, email marketing, social media, digital advertising, and web strategy including SEO/SEM
- Manage the debeaumont.org website, including posting content, creating new pages/sections, and troubleshooting, together with external digital consultants
- Increase the website’s reach and marketing potential, including serving as the communication team’s SEO steward, advising on user experience, building landing pages, exploring retargeting, and recommending new strategies
- Develop strategies and lead the collection of metrics and analytics, focusing on actionable insights and assessment against goals
- Serve as staff lead for optimizing de Beaumont’s paid ad strategy and execution, including Google, Facebook/Meta, and LinkedIn, together with external digital consultants
- Recommend and implement strategies to grow the Foundation’s organic reach by building outreach lists, identifying and liaising with influencers, increasing social media followers and engagement, and identifying and leveraging online communities, which may include Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, listservs, and others
- Increase the reach and marketing potential of emails to subscribers, including database management, segmentation, list growth, user funnels, and multi-email campaigns
- Track trends and best practices for digital marketing and communications, and recommend strategies for the foundation’s ongoing work
Qualifications – Who You Are
- Mission-driven. You want to make a difference and have an interest in advocacy and cause-driven communications.
- Hands-on. You are strategic and contribute ideas but are also able and eager to implement them.
- Entrepreneurial. You anticipate challenges and opportunities, and raise them proactively to optimize outcomes down the line. You take initiative and run with new ideas.
- Data-oriented. You seek out what works and what doesn’t, and find ways to learn from metrics to refine strategies, focus efforts, and pivot when needed.
- Audience-focused. You understand the importance of tailoring messages, channels, and format to different audiences and can action this nuance through marketing tactics.
- Resourceful. You find practical and effective ways to accomplish tasks, and are willing to ask questions and research options when facing a new project.
- A multitasker. You are comfortable with juggling multiple projects and priorities at once, as well as finding and capitalizing on the connections among them.
The ideal candidate will possess the attributes above and many of the following professional abilities and experiences.
- At least six years of experience in marketing or communications, preferably including the nonprofit environment.
- Comfort and hands-on experience with digital systems and tools, including the features and culture of commonly used social media platforms.
- Proven ability to improve metrics such as web traffic, social media followers, and email list growth.
- Experience with WordPress (or other content management system), Google Analytics, and Constant Contact (or other email marketing system).
- Proven success using organic and paid digital tools to reach and engage with new and existing audiences. Experience with Google, Facebook, and/or LinkedIn Ad Managers a strong plus.
- Knowledge of current best practices for search engine optimization and user experience.
- Familiarity with influencer strategy, from outreach to agreements to ongoing relationship management.
How to Apply
This position is full-time and based in downtown Bethesda, MD, just outside of Washington, DC. de Beaumont uses a hybrid work model, with employees working in the office on some days and from home on others; individual staff members’ work schedules are confirmed with direct supervisors. However, a few Foundation staff are fully remote, and a full-time remote work arrangement can be negotiated for the right candidate. All de Beaumont employees are required to attend quarterly all-staff meetings at the office in Bethesda.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. The salary range is $85,000-95,000. The Foundation also offers excellent benefits and a collegial work environment.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 10, 2023. Please reference “digital marketing” in the subject line. Early submission is encouraged as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The de Beaumont Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
Publication date: February 6, 2023
Application deadline: March 10, 2023